Critical Care Pharmacy Certificate Program
This program addresses the role of pharmacists in critical care and the required competencies to initiate the service.
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Recognize the role of the intensive care unit pharmacist.
- Illustrate the basic pharmacokinetic principles of dose calculations in critically ill patients.
- Summarize main causes of admission in the intensive care unit.
- Design a pharmaceutical care plan for different patients with clear goals of treatment.
- Choose the best therapeutic options in management of many disease stats in intensive care unit.
- Identify the role of the ICU pharmacist in code blue team.
- COURSE STARTS: January 11th, 2021.
- DURATION: 16 online sessions.
- Twice weekly live online sessions, 1.5 hours each, including lectures, case discussions and videos.
- Pre readings may be required.
This activity is approved for 18.0 contact hours (1.8 CEUs) of certificate CPE (UAN 0008‐9999‐20‐093‐L01‐P, release 01/11/2021, expiry 01/11/2024).
The University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education (CPE).
- Achieve at least 70% in final graded case and final assessment.
- Attendance of entire course.
- Common disease states in ICU.
- Dose modifications in renal impairment.
- Electrolyte disturbances.
- Acid base disorders.
- Nutrition in critically ill patients.
- Sedation and analgesia.
- Hospital acquired pneumonia and ventilator associated pneumonia.
- Covid-19 pneumonia.
- Types of shock.
- Continuous infusions calculations.
- Role of pharmacist in code blue.
- Infections in immuno-compromised patients.
- CNS infections.
- Hypertensive emergencies.
- Hepatic Failure.
- Prophylaxis in critically ill patients.
Meet Your Instructors
|Emad Ezzat||Clinical Pharmacy Education Supervisor Former Critical Care Pharmacies Supervisor|
|Ibrahim Abdo Ibrahim||Senior Supervisor of OR & SICU Pharmacies|
|Sally Fikry||Residency Program Director|
|Ahmed Anwar||Pharm D Program Director|
|Sherif Kamal||Department of Pharmaceutical Services Director|
|Amr Elkashef||Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Supervisor Former Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist|
|Mohamed Mahmoud||Critical Care Pharmacies Supervisor|
|Nermeen Ezzat||Pharmacy Nutrition Supervisor|
|Ahmed Wagdy||Pharmacy Nutrition Specialist Former Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist|
|Karim Elshabrawy||Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist|
|Mohamed Zahw||Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist|
Course Fees and Registration
3000 Egyptian Pounds