Mission, Vision & Values
To build an institution that strives for sustainability, growth and development to prevent and combat cancer through novel research, smart education and quality care provided with passion and justice to alleviate the suffering of children with cancer and their families free of charge.
To Be the Unique Worldwide Icon of Change Towards a Cancer‐ Free Childhood
- Compassionate person-centered care – We believe that our patients and their families deserve an exceptional patient experience that is respectful and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs, and values in all aspects of care, regardless of their social status. This couldn’t be achieved without humanizing the workplace by
- Excellence – We strive to achieve the highest quality care and standards of excellence in clinical care, safety, supporting services, research, education, and innovation.
- Integrity – Choosing courage over comfort, choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy, and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them; the hospital should be accountable for its actions and the efficient use of resources entrusted to us .
- Collaboration – We collaborate to provide integrated and holistic care to our patients and their families. We also partner with other organizations worldwide and stakeholders to maximize our impact on the community and our organization in all aspects of healthcare, research, and humanity.
- Questioning mind – We approach challenges with curiosity and an open mind. We encourage innovative, creative thinking and welcome new ideas and perspectives.
- Resilience – We choose to design our unique health systems proac¶vely capable of adap¶ng to changes and managing challenges in everyday prac¶ce to maintain a high quality of care despite the inevitable changed circumstances.
- Genuine Hope – A feeling of optimism, positivity, and expectation from a sense of possibility. It is not just a passive wish or dream but an active endeavor that requires effort, persistence, and resilience. It is grounded in reality, not limited by it.