What We Do?
CTU is responsible for:
- Sustaining a supportive environment for conducting clinical trials in a cost-effective and efficient manner while ensuring compliance with clinical trials standard operating procedures, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), CCHE Institutional Review Board (IRB), Egyptian Ministry of Health, external regulatory agencies and external sponsors.
- Maintaining appropriate administrative support for the development and implementation of clinical trials.
- Providing disease management teams with regulatory support to ensure compliance with GCP, IRB and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensuring safety of patients with rapid actions in case of unexpected events during any of the ongoing studies.
- Supporting IRB in executing the functions of the clinical trial Review and Monitoring System.
- Disseminating information on active clinical trials involving cancer patients to the hospital staff and patients at CCHE.
- Providing education and training for CCHE staff involved in clinical trials regarding the importance of clinical trials and its ethical and regulatory issues.