Continuing Professional Development
The Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt (CCHE) has been accredited as a provider of CNE since 2012, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA). The American Nurses Credentialing Center/Council is the largest and most prestigious nurse credentialing organization in the world and a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association. As an accredited provider, CCH can approve and accredit their own nursing continuing education programs. Continuing Nursing Education Unit was accredited from 2012 to 2014 and reaccredited from 2014 to 2016 and reaccredited for third time respectively from 2016 until 2020. In 2020 until 2024 we taken accreditation as provider of nursing continuing professional development unit.
The provider unit consists of one LNP and three positions for Nurse Planner, one secretary, and a consultant in education. Staff is required to earn 10 CE credit hours per year and value CE credit from an accredited organization. The provider unit serves primarily the Children’s Cancer Hospital nursing staff. Our offerings also can be provided for another person related to our topics for example, nurse aid, social worker, secretary, porter, psychologist, and technicians. Some offerings are open to a limited number of people from the National Cancer Institute with which we share many faculty and from which many CCHE employees originally came. Nurses visiting from the Ministry of Health may also attend CE offering. All programs are currently live presentation.
Some offerings are open to the community for a fee through the Continuous Education Department. These offering are presented by monitored and credit awarded as any other NCPD offering.
- To raise the level of nursing knowledge & skills from competence to excellence.
- To give the nurse CE offering that is approved by a recognized professional organization.
- To encourage lifelong learning.
Scope of Service
Offerings are based upon needs assessment and include:
- General plan, one hour offering for nurses in all hospital departments.
- Operating room plan, one hour offering for nurses in OR only.
- Procedure room plan, one hour offering for PR nurses.
- Workshops such as for example but not limited.
Professional Etiquette Team Work and Team Building Workshop, Radiation Safety Workshop, Building Self- Awareness Workshop, Emotional Intelligence Workshop, The Positive Psychology of Successful Relationship Workshop, Creative Thinking and Problem Solving Workshop and Meeting Skills Workshop, Evidence Based Practice ......etc.
Several courses such as:
- Oncology course repeated twice a year.
- Infection Control Course.
- Charge Nurse Course.
- Physical Assessment Course.
- Quality Course.
- Hospice Care Course I, II, III, and IV repeated as needed.
- Clinical Pharmacology Course.
- Medical Terminology Course for diploma nurse and technical nurse.
- Communicable Disease Course.
- Diabetes Mellitus Course.
- Performance Evaluation Course.
- Hepatitis Course.
- Clinical Instructor Course for clinical instructor.
- Psychiatric Course.
- Central Venous Access Device Course.
- Nursing Administration course.
- Clinical Nutrition Course.
- Professional Etiquette Course.
- Stress Management Course.
- Pain Management Course.
- Ethics and Professionalism in Nursing Practice Course.
- Scientific Nursing Research Course
- Meet Our Team
- Continuing Professional Development
- In-Service Education Unit
- Nursing Care in the In-Patient Section
- Nursing Care in the Outpatient Section
- Learning & Development Unit
- Nursing Research Unit
- Vascular Access Device Team (VAD)
- Palliative Care Home Visits
- Central Sterilization Supply (CSSD)
- Operating Room Nurses
- Photo Gallery