Learning and Development Unit
Nursing Learning and Development Unit is responsible for determining the Learning and Development needs of all nursing employee staff, developing strategies for addressing these needs and preparing plans for implementation. In addition Nursing L&D Unit is responsible for hosting and or providing external staff training for different entities such as (Hospitals, universities, Healthcare centers....etc.) according to their training needs.
In this regard, the Nursing Learning and Development Unit should:
- Prepare a Training Needs Analysis (TNA), a Learning and Development Strategy and Training Plans following consultation and data analysis.
- Develop mobility and other policies to support on-the-job learning.
- Organize direct delivery of formal training to staff using internal trainers, experienced officials and subject matter experts.
- Identify opportunities for sharing Learning and Development products and resources with other organizations across the Public Service.
- Procure training from external sources only where the need cannot be met internally within the system. Where procurement is necessary, use the Framework Agreement for the Provision of Training Services to the greatest extent possible.
Nursing Learning & Development Goals
- To position ourselves as one of the best Nursing healthcare learning and development center in the Middle East and Africa.
- To maintain a consistent standard for nursing L&D in alignment with international accreditations and affiliations.
- Consolidating and coordinating the capabilities of workers to achieve common goals.
- Make changes in the trainees in terms of their information, performance, skills, behaviors and attitudes, in a way that makes them qualified to perform their nursing work with high efficiency and quality.
Nursing Learning and Development Needs
All Nursing Departments need staff with the requisite knowledge, skills, behaviors and attributes (competencies) to enable it to fulfill its mandate and achieve its objectives. To establish if the current competency level is adequate to meet current and future business needs, a TNA is conducted to identify gaps and any learning and development needs. The findings in the TNA can be a key driver for the Strategy.
Scope of Services
Offerings are based upon needs assessment and include:
- Internal staff training
- Internal provider courses:
- Nursing Genetic Course.
- Pharmacovigilance Course.
- First aid workshop.
- Nursing role in disaster and crisis management.
- English courses.
- Microsoft Skills.
- External provider:
- Basic life support course
- Intermediate life support course
- Advanced life support course
- Training of trainee (TOT) course
- External staff training
- Under graduate Training
- Postgraduate training:
- Basic Nursing skills program
- Prevention and treatment of Hepatitis program.
- Pediatric oncology Course
- On location Training:
- Semester practical training
Training activities and courses provide in the hospital by internal staff by specialized and expertise in different specialties as:
Procure training from external sources to certify our trainers to deliver some courses as:
To equip undergraduate nurses with the basic knowledge and skills, to assist them to improve their nursing practical skills. This provision of practical training of students is carried out within Hospital premises.
Provide specialized program for registered nurses to improve their performance as:
Creating and deliver Training programs according to staff needs at their work place
Hosting students from faculties and universities to complete the semester practical training of their students.
Receiving visitors from Egyptian facilities and Universities, Also foreign visitors from different countries to perform a hospital tour to follow all new applied in oncology treatment.
- Meet Our Team
- Continuing Professional Development
- In-Service Education Unit
- Nursing Care in the In-Patient Section
- Nursing Care in the Outpatient Section
- Learning & Development Unit
- Nursing Research Unit
- Vascular Access Device Team (VAD)
- Palliative Care Home Visits
- Central Sterilization Supply (CSSD)
- Operating Room Nurses
- Photo Gallery