Nursing Research Unit
Nursing Research drives research to improve patient outcomes within the disciplines of nursing practices. Committed to excellence in care delivery, the Nursing research unit aims to translate research findings into clinical practice. Research is a tool for quality improvements in nursing. Nursing research in pediatric oncology gives a foundation to what we do and how we implement the practice. Nursing Research Program at CCHE creates a direct link between science, practice and quality to improve patient out come and promote excellence in pediatric oncology nursing.
- Building a research culture, through identifying the nursing research priorities. To become a resource for updated information in pediatric oncology nursing practices.
- Combining oncology pediatric nursing research studies, evidence based practices and their clinical body of knowledge.
- Supporting clinical nurse to move research from an idea to a proposal, to pursue publishing and translating nursing research (research finding utilization) into practice.
- Be effective and innovative in implementing evidence-based practice in clinical setting.
- Improving clinical practice, facilitating change, disseminating of nursing research culture and utilize evidence -based practice for guide and promote excellence in nursing care practice for pediatric oncology patients.
Scope of Services
- Participating in structured educational and learning activities (orientation, CE, L&D … etc).
- Collaborating with the nursing education department to provide an in-service educational program.
- Collaborating in Nursing Practices Guidelines (evidence- based, updated, research utilization).
- Facilitating nursing Research Capacity (awareness, journal club, .… etc).
- Setting research priorities allowing nurses to explore important topics in an area of their work, that enables a direct link between nursing research and the development of healthcare practice awareness.
- Developing a research culture and producing research outputs is developing the capacity of the nurses who need to conduct the research.
- Planning, coordinating and participating in scientific nursing research course.
- The research capacity building can be initiated by the nurses becoming informed and keen consumers of research.
- There will be a significant gap between knowledge generation and usage. This aspect of building research capacity will assist nurses to implement their research findings.
- Mentoring the clinical nurses throughout their research plans.
- Facilitating, coordinating and participating in the nursing research studies and papers.
- Reviewing of all nursing research proposals will be conducted at CCHE, and providing mentoring for the conduct and utilization of the research at CCHE.
- Meet our Team
- Continuing Professional Development
- In-Service Education Unit
- Nursing Care in the In-Patient Section
- Nursing Care in the Outpatient Section
- Learning & Development Unit
- Nursing Research Unit
- Medical Care Unit
- Vascular Access Device Team (VAD)
- Inpatient Care Center
- Home Visit
- Central Sterilization Supply (CSSD)
- Photo Gallery