Scope of Services
- Management of critically ill children in PICU, with major system failures (CNS, Cardiac, Respiratory, Renal, Hepatic, Endocrinologic and others) giving them multisystem support.
- Duties of a Rapid Response Team (RRT), which is responsible of applying the Code Yellow within 10 minutes. This code is for the acutely deteriorated children (like cyanosis, convulsions, and coma).
- Duties of a Code Blue Team, which is responsible for the arrest conditions, and the team should respond within 2 minutes.
- Hemodialysis for patients with acute kidney injury that require dialysis.
- Pericardiocentesis for patients with tamponading pericardial effusion.
- Fixing central venous lines for patients in need.
- Monitoring of patients’ fluid balance, vital signs, respiratory rate and pattern.
- Initiation of inotropic support for those in need.
- Management of post-operative patients (Surgical, Neurological and orthopedic).