Advanced Infectious Diseases webinar live (virtual)
In This live webinars you will gain knowledge and updates on the therapeutic use of antimicrobial agents in preventing and treating infections. You will also acquire the skills needed to optimize patient care and clinical outcomes through optimizing the use of antimicrobials in the era of Covid 19. And provides you with a review of fundamental principles of infectious diseases.
Pharmacists, physicians and other health care professionals interested in Infectious diseases
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts and nomenclature in clinical microbiology.
• Demonstrate an understanding of in vitro susceptibility testing and apply results of these tests to the selection and therapeutic use of antimicrobial agents.
• Recognize common mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance and appropriately select or modify antimicrobial therapy to achieve improved patient outcomes.
• Demonstrate an understanding of antimicrobial PK/PD characteristics and PK/PD modeling (e.g., Monte Carlo simulation), and apply PK/PD principles to the care of individual patients with specific infectious diseases.
• Critically evaluate differences in the pharmacology, spectra of activity, PK/PD characteristics, and other important properties of antimicrobials in order to select the most appropriate agent for an individual patient with a specific infectious disease.
• Use evidence-based guidelines in conjunction with relevant patient factors to formulate or modify patient-specific medication plans for the treatment of infectious diseases.
• Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts of antimicrobial stewardship and apply these concepts to the optimization of clinical and medication use outcomes in individual patients.
• Identify key elements of an antimicrobial stewardship program (ASP), and formulate plans for implementation or ongoing development of a formalized ASP within a given institution.
• Appropriately apply principles of infection prevention to the care of individual patients and institutional practices related to infectious diseases and antimicrobial use.
• Critically evaluate literature related to infectious diseases, including study design and statistical analyses common to clinical trials in infectious diseases.
• Evaluate web-based resources used to obtain information related to infectious diseases pharmacotherapy (e.g., EUCAST, CLSI M100, Up-to-date)
57357 Advanced Infectious Diseases webinar Schedule, 2021
Douglas N. Fish, PharmD, BCPS
Professor and Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacy; University of Colorado Denver, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Course Fees and Registration