Medical Terminology for Nurses
Medical Terminology course will enable nurses to develop the degree of competency required to read and understand medical reports and communicate effectively with physicians and other medical professionals
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
– Recognize prefixes, suffixes, word roots and combining forms.
– Understand the rules of combining word parts to write medical terms correctly.
– Identify common medical conditions associated with each specialty.
– Match diagnostic terms with their meanings.
– Analyze how medical terms are built using common word parts.
– Spell, define, and pronounce medical terms associated with each of the major body systems.
– Interpret common abbreviations used in medical terminology and avoid errors when using them.
– Identify abbreviations frequently encountered in health care records.
– Communicate effectively with all healthcare professionals utilizing oral and written skills.
Diploma nurses and technical nurses.
25 credit hours
10/08/2023 – 14/09/2023
|Thursday, 10/8/2023 11:00am – 12:00pm 12:00pm – 2:00pm|
Introduction & Discloser Pre-test
Overview of Medical Terminology Prefixes, Roots& Suffixes)
Mrs. Mrs. Asmaa Ali Mrs. Safa Ramadan
|Thursday, 17/8/2023 11:00am – 12:30pm 12:30pm – 02:00pm|
Medical Terminology for Cardiovascular System
Medical Terminology for Respiratory System
11:00am – 12:30pm 12:30pm – 02:00pm
|Medical terminology for Neurological System Medical terminology for Digestive System||Mrs.Asmaa Ali |
|Thursday, 31/8/2023 11:00am – 12:30pm 12:30pm – 02:00pm|
Medical terminology for Urinary System Medical terminology for Musculoskeletal System
Mrs. Asmaa Ali
|Thursday, 7/9/2023 11:00am – 12:30pm 12:30pm – 02:00pm|| |
Medical terminology for Integumentary System Common Abbreviations about Communicating with the Health Care Team
Mrs. Mariam Abdelhalim
Mrs. Asmaa Ali
|Thursday, 14/9/2023 |
11:00am – 01:00pm 01:00pm – 02:00pm
Post- Test& Evaluation
|Mrs. Asmaa Ali|
In order to receive your certificate, you have to attend not less than 70%
• Hard copy for 100 Egyptian Pounds
• Soft copy for free