Head of Emergency Department
Professor of Pediatrics, Cairo University
- MD. Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University.
- MSc. Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University.
- BSc. Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University.
Sub-specialty- Pediatric Cardiology:
- Primary operator in cardiac cath. Lab since 2001 (diagnostic and interventional procedures).
- Primary operator in the pediatric Echo lab; 2002.
- Co-founder of the Cardiomyopathy clinic, Cairo University Children.
- Director, Cairo University Children Hospital (CUCH), 2016-2019.
- Director Deputy, Cairo University Specialized Pediatric Hospital (CUSPH), 2007-2011.
Affiliations, Certifications and Collaborations:
- Working member of The Egyptian Society of Pediatric Cardiologists ESPC (League from The Egyptian Society of Cardiology).
- Member of The Egyptian Society of Cardiology, 2005 – present.
- Member of The European Society of Cardiology, 2005 – present.
- Member of the American Society of Echocardiography, 2006 – present.
- Certified as International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) 2005 – 2010 USA.
- Certified as an Internal Auditor, ISO 9000/ – 2001, in 2007.
- Guest Speaker, oral Presenter and invited Faculty in various esteemed national and international congresses; Asia/pacific region, USA and Europe.
- Experience with balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty and predictors of outcome. El-Saiedi S.A., Agha H.M., Attia W.A., Abdel-Aziz F.M., Fattouh A.M., Ammar R.I., Sobhi R.M., Abdel-Aziz O.M, et al., Cardiology in the young 30 (4):1 -7.DOI: 10.1017/S1047951120000360
- Comparison of adipose tissue and bone marrow- derived mesenchymal stem cells for alleviating doxorubicin-induced cardiac dysfunction in diabetic rats. Hania Ibrahim ammar, Glen Lester Sequiera, Mira Hana, Rasha Ibrahim Ammar, Hala Gabr, Sanjiv Dhingra et al., Stem cell research and therapy 6(1) DOI; 10.1186/s 13287-015-0142
- MEFV gene mutations and cardiac phenotype in children with familial Mediterranean fever: a cohort study. Samia Salah, Rasha Ammar, Ranya Hegazy , Hala Sheba, Lobna Abdelrahman. Pediatric Rheumatology 01/2014; 12(1):5. DOI:10.1186/1546-0096-12 (Impact Factor: 1.47).
- Percutaneous closure of medium and large PDAs using Amplatzer duct occluder (ADO) I and II in infants; safety and efficacy. Rasha I. Ammar, Ranya Hegazy. Journal of Invasive Cardiology, 2013;24(11):579-82. Impact factor: 1.842
- Transcatheter closure of secundum ASD using Occlutech Figulla – N device in symptomatic children younger than 2 years of age. Rasha I. Ammar, Ranya Hegazy. Journal of Invasive Cardiology,2013;25(2):76-79 Impact factor: 1.842
- Balloon angioplasty for native aortic coarctation in children and infants younger than 12 months: immediate and medium-term follow up. Rasha I. Ammar. Journal of Invasive Cardiology; 2013; 24(12):662-666. Impact factor: 1.842
- The Effect of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Diabetic Heart Failure Rats. Hany E. El Said, Hala M Gabr and Rasha I Ammar Life Sci J 2013;10(1):3413-3425]. (ISSN: 1097-8135). Impact factor: 0.16
- Cardiovascular Changes in Neonates with Unconjugated Hyperbilirubinemia. Amira Edris, Hana Abu El Ghar, Rasha Ammar, Ingy Tusson. Journal of Arab Child (JAC) 23 (2): 57-68, June 2012.
- Breastfeeding difficulties among Egyptian women at one month postpartum, a cross-sectional community based study. Rasha Ammar, Ranya Hegazy Journal of Arab Child (JAC) 23 (2): 67-71, June 2012.
- Erythropeitin protects against doxorubicin induced heart failure. Hania I. Ammar, Soliman Saba, Rasha I. Ammar, Wael Botros, Sanjjv Dhingra. American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology, Dec 2011;301(6): 413-42 Impact factor: 3.71
- Associations of Tumor Necrosis factor- α polymorphisms with susceptibility and clinical outcomes of rheumatic heart disease. Amal A. Mohamed, Laila A. Rashed, Saher M. Shaker, Rasha I. Ammar. Saudi Medical Journal; (SMJ) Vol. 31 (6)644- 649, 2010. Impact factor: 0.52
- Diagnostic dilemma of cardiac syncope in pediatric patients. Ranya A Hegazy, Wael N Lofty, Rasha I Ammar, Aya M Fattouh. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal (ISSN 0972-6292), 8(1): 22-31 (2008). Impact factor: 0.6
- Non-invasive indicators for outcome in children with dilated cardiomyopathy. Ranya Hegazy, Rasha I. Ammar, Mona EzzelDeen Journal of medical sciences 8 (2): 118-124, 2008. Impact factor: 0.6
- Idiopathic restrictive cardiomyopathy in children: clinical profile and predictors of outcome. Rasha I Ammar. Egyptian Heart Journal, Dec. 2006
- Anti- phospholipid antibodies and echocardiographic abnormalities in children and adolescents with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rasha I Ammar, Samia Salah. Egyptian Heart Journal, 58(3) Sept. 2006.
- Clinical significance of ECG and echocardiography in children with cardiomyopathy. Rasha I Ammar, Ranya Hegazy, Wael Lotfy. Egyptian Heart Journal, Dec. 2006.
- Randomized controlled clinical trial on the use of IVIG in acute pediatric myocarditis. Rasha I Ammar, Sonia El-Saeidi, Zeinab salah. Journal of Arab Child, 17(1) feb, 2006.
- Premature coronary atherosclerosis in patients with Systemic Lupus erythematosis. Nevine El- Helaly, Rasha I Ammar, Samia Salah, Khaled El-Kaffas. Egyptian Pediatric Gazette, 55(2), July 2006.
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing in children with heart failure secondary to idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy before and after cardio- pulmonary rehabilitation. Nevine El-Helaly, Rasha I Ammar. Egyptian Pediatric Gazette, 53(2), April 2005.
- Prognostic significance of endomyo- cardial biopsy analysis in patients with idiopathic cardiomyopathy. Rasha I Ammar, Sonia El-Saeidi, Soheir Mahfouz, Zeinab Salah.Journal of Pathology, 24(2), Dec 2004.