The main objective of the clinical epidemiology program is conducting patient-oriented clinical research and Teaching and education and providing the necessary support and advice for CCHE staff in conducting clinical research.
- Research Focus
- Conducting patient-oriented clinical research with a particular interest in the immunocompromised host and opportunistic infections.
- Study the risk factors for disease and the application of such knowledge towards disease prevention.
- Research themes
- A Prospective Registry for Febrile Neutropenic Events in Newly Diagnosed Patients with Childhood Malignancies in CCHE-57357.
- Value of Time to Positivity of Blood Culture in Children with Bloodstream Infections (BSI) in Children’s Cancer Hospital-Egypt (CCHE-57357).
- Clinical and molecular epidemiology of Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE).
- Persistent SARS-CoV-2 infection in Children with Cancer and impaired immune responsiveness.
- Provides support and advice
for CCHE staff in protocol development and preparation for ethical and regulatory approvals.