Epidemiology and Biostatistics Section
We succeeded in:
- Building an epidemiologic research infrastructure through designing cancer specific tools for collecting of epidemiologic exposures as well as establishing and maintaining an electronic database for future research.
- Collecting information on potential risk factors that have been associated with an increased risk of childhood cancers.
- Initiating a project for accrual of population-based control for a large epidemiologic study on the role of environmental and parental occupational risk factors in pediatric cancer.
- Establishing and maintaining an institutional cancer registry.
- Offering a capacity planning project using decision analytic modeling and we provide research services including consultations for study design, sample size calculations and statistical analysis.
Training & internship:
- We offer training on basics of epidemiology and statistical reasoning to oncology fellows and residents, pharmacy residents, PharmD students and preceptors and nurses.
- We offer courses in pharmacoeconomic and building of decision analytic models using R software.
- We offer assistance to researchers with their research projects from conception to publication.