The Genomics and Epigenomics Lab offers a range of services from small procedures like DNA extraction up to sequencing entire genes or genomes. This means you can start and finish your entire experiments all from the comfort of our lab. Whatever you want to do, we can offer tailored packages to fit your needs. Our packages mostly include the use of bench space, consumables, equipment, plastic ware and reagents all brought to you at reduced market prices. This is a strictly non-profit organization and revenues are considered donations that are partly used to fund further research in our unit.
|Nucleic Acid Extraction
|Extraction of DNA from a wide variety of sample types with the suitable extraction kit compatible with the required platform
|Using the suitable kit to obtain the optimal concentration for the required platform
|Using kits suitable for plasmid extraction to isolate high quality plasmid DNA suitable for using with high-throughput technologies
|PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
|PCR Amplification of Target Gene
|PCR Amplification of Target Gene (using ProFlex PCR System by Applied BioSystems)
|Real-Time PCR Using Taqman Assay
|Real-Time PCR using TaqMan assay (Primers are designed for gene of interest)
|Real-Time PCR Using SYBR Green Assay
|Real-Time PCR using SYBR Green assay (Primers are designed for gene of interest)
|Nucleic Acid Quality Assessments
|Assessment of DNA quality and size using the basic method of gel electropohresis.
|DeNovix DNA Concentration Assessment
|Quantification of DNA concentration in the samples using specific fluorometeric dye compatable with DeNovix QFX Fluorometer device for accurate concntration measurments.
|DeNovix RNA Concentration Assessment
|Quantification of RNA concentration in the samples using specific fluorometeric dye compatable with DeNovix QFX Fluorometer device for accurate concntration measurments.
|Bioanalyzer DNA Assessment
|Assessment of the size, integrity and purity of DNA with minimal sample volumes for accurate results using Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100 and exporting the data in many different formats for ease-of-use.
|Bioanalyzer RNA Assessment
|Assessment of the size, integrity and purity of RNA with minimal sample volumes for accurate results using Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100 and exporting the data in many different formats for ease-of-use.
|LabChip GX Touch DNA Assessment
|Sizing the DNA using the automated capillary microfludics technology of the LabChip GX Touch that are reproducible, high resolution and optimal for NGS library preparations.
|LabChip GX Touch Small RNA Assessment
|Sizing the RNA using the automated capillary microfludics technology of the LabChip GX Touch that are reproducible, high resolution and optimal for NGS library preparations.
|Sequencing of bacterial plasmids using Next-Generation Sequencing technology including extraction, quality assessment, library preparation and running on MiSeqDx Sequencer.
|Microbial Whole Genome Sequencing
|Sequencing of small-size genomes using Next-Generation Sequencing technology including extraction, quality assessment, library preparation and running on MiSeqDx Sequencer.
|16srRNA Microbiome Profiling
|16srRNA microbiome profiling using Next-Generation Sequencing including extraction, quality assessment, library preparation and running on MiSeqDx Sequencer.
|miRNA profiling using Next-Generation Sequencing including extraction, quality assessment, library preparation and running on MiSeqDx Sequencer.
|Comprehensive Clinical Exome Panel
|Comprehensive 4,800 Disease-related Genes Sequencing Panel on MiSeqDx
|Infinium Methylation EPIC Beadchip (850K SNP)
|Infinium MethylationEPIC BeadChip (850K SNP)
|The OvineSNP50 BeadChip array features over 54,241 evenly spaced probes that target SNPs, offering more than sufficient SNP density for genome-wide association studies and other applications such as genome-wide selection, determination of genetic merit, identification of quantitative trait loci, and comparative genetic studies.
|Infinium XT (Scale genotyping of up to 50,000 single/multi species custom variants)
|Extract knowledge and information from molecular generated data and perform necessary downstream analysis to decipher the biological question in regard to the main experiment.
- Regarding the forms, kindly follow the following steps:
- First Step: To request a quote for your technique of interest, kindly fill “Step 1: Quote Request Form”. Filling this form accurately with your needs helps us to give you the actual price of the service that we provide to you. You will receive the quote within 48 hours from the submission.
- Second Step: When delivering your samples, kindly fill the “Step 2: Samples Submission Form”. This form will provide us with the data of your samples we received. So it has to be filled precisely. Samples will not be processed unless the samples submission form is successfully submitted.
- Third Step: After receiving the results of your samples in the form you requested, please fill “Step 3: Customers Feedback Form”. Filling this form will help us improve the services we provide.
- Polices and Guidelines
- Required Documents
- Fluorometric quantification on the DeNovix QFX fluorometer for specifying concentration.
- Sample integrity/quality analysis using gel or automated electrophoresis on a Bioanalyzer.
- If the customer does not have access to proper quality control instrumentation, Genomics Unit can provide the services needed.
- Submitted Samples
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to keep track of the identification of your samples. When filling out the sample data sheet (in section C), use a unique sample ID and description that matches your records.
- All samples will be quantified on the DeNovix prior to acceptance for sequencing.
- Only samples that meet technical requirements (quality, concentration and volume) will be accepted for further processing. The customer will be notified if any samples fail to meet the requirements.
- Data Output
- The raw sequencing data will be de-multiplexed and provided to the customer as FASTQ files, BAM or VCF depending on the customer’s requirements.
- The analysis results will be available only for ONE MONTH.
The genomics Unit will provide guidance with project design if necessary; however, the final experimental design is the customer’s responsibility. so Kindly read carefully.
At least one of the following quality control files should be provided prior to delivering the samples:
N.B.: Both that both the samples and data will be disposed of after one month from delivering the data.
N.B.: A disclaimer document for the samples' information and data providence has to be signed upon delivering the samples to our lab to initiate the processing of the samples.
N.B: It's the customer's responsibility to deliver his or her samples to the unit after the payment process; any delay in the sample delivery process will be the customer's responsibility.
For more details, please contact:
- Dr.RehamSobhy:01103973043 Whatsapp ONLY [email protected] .
Working days: Sunday to Thursday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Step 1: Quote Request Form
Step 2: Samples Submission Form
Step 3: Customers Feedback Form
Waiting List Form
- What type of services do you provide?
- How do I get a technical consultation about my project?
- How do I know the service that best fits my research needs?
- How do I request a quote?
- hat is the cost of the service you do?
- How much does the Bioinformatics Analysis for my samples cost?/li>
The Bioinformatics Analysis cost differs according to the type of analysis done and number of samples.
- How should I prepare and send my samples?
- When and Where can I deliver my samples?
- How will I get my results and data?
- Attached report contains the methodology and details of your data and figures.
- The original high-resolution figures (and fastq files in case of NGS) will uploaded into a Google Drive with the link sent to you.
- How long will my results be kept on Google Drive?
- How can I request a specific bioinformatics analysis for my samples?
- What happens if my samples do not meet your starting material requirements?
- How long do you hold samples?
We provide different types of services to fill the research market needs such as Microbial whole genome sequencing, miRNA Profiling, Microbiome Profiling, … etc. You can find them described in the section “Services”.
You can get a free consultancy upon your request.
We can provide you a free consultancy upon your request to best fit your experimental design and your research needs.
You can request a quote by filling the “Quote Request Form” in section “Forms”.
Every platform and every technique has a different cost than another. We give you the details and cost in a quote after you submit a quote request.
The samples are delivered according to the “Samples Submission Guide”
The samples are delivered in the Genomics and Epigenomics Research Program lab from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Your data will be sent to you be email in the form of:
Your data will be kept for ONLY ONE MONTH then it will be erased from our side.
You can tell us the bioinformatics analysis needed for your work in the section “Bioinformatics Analysis” in the “Samples Submission Form”.
You will be asked to provide us with another sample.
The samples are held ONLY ONE MONTH after the services are done and data and results are delivered then they will be disposed of, unless you retain them after the lab work is done.