Hospital 57357 hosted the annual scientific contest for partner schools’ students. This year, the contest titled “the little inventor” was held under the patronage of “Idea gym” center for sciences.
The contest is usually organized by 57357’s schools and universities department in cooperation with 57357’s research department once a year in support of schools students who represent tomorrow’s scientists, encouraging them to develop their creative thinking.
Eight schools participated in the contest, namely Future Tech, MSE , the Elite , the outstanding, Nile School in Al-Obour, Eqsas Bani Swaif School and 57357’s in-hospital School. 20 students presented 15 projects to the judging committee which consisted of Idea Gym representatives including Mrs. Marwa Saoudi, Eng. Yasser Tawfik the center’s executive director and Dr. Amr Alnashar from 57357’s research department. Dr. Alnashar shared that the Hospital’s role is not restricted to treatment, as it carries also a social dimension which is to encourage students to be creative for the benefit and wellbeing of their communities.” During four months I followed up on students’ work for their projects as I used to meet with them twice a week to discuss any difficulties they may encounter, added Dr. Alnashar.
Students presented different types of projects such as converting motion to electricity, water purification, a device to schedule medication times, a device to warn about road obstacles to avoid driving hazards, a device to elevate water, an environmental friendly project to generate electricity using garbage, and a device to mix liquids using a magnet. The committee previewed all the projects and listened to the competitors’ explanations then they met to discuss them and announce the results.
The top five creative projects were selected as winners of the competition:
1. Ahmed Mohsen, a student in 57357’s in-hospital school, invented a device to schedule and remind you of medication times. The project was selected to be part of the “Blast off” contest at Nile University on April 6th as a step to qualify for the 2019 “Castic” contest in China.
2. Rahma Adel who invented a device to mix liquids using a magnet and Mohammed Magdi with his air pressure device , both from 57357’s in- hospital school, were selected to participate in the Nile University contest
3. Alaa Ezzat, one of 57357’s cancer survivors along with his brother Islam, both from Eqsas School in Bani Swaif, presented a remote control digging equipment . The second project is a dynamo to convert motion into electricity. The two projects were qualified for the Blast off contest at Nile University as well as for a contest in Taiwan and another in Indonesia.
4. Soad Ouf, from Nile Egyptian School in Al-Obour presented a sensor device to find missing objects. It was qualified for the Nile University’s Blast Off contest and for the Castic contest in China
5. Yasin Hesham Mohammed from Nefertary School presented a smart irrigation system and was also qualified for the Castic competition.
Thanks for all the exerted efforts by students and for Idea gym center’s valuable input and collaboration with 57357’s schools and universities reach out program and research department in support of the realization of our children’s dreams.