Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Patient and Family Rights
- Hospital patient has the right to receive care, treatment and services within the hospital in accordance with regulations and systems of the hospital all the time.
- Hospital patient has the right to know the consultant and his crew who will provide health and medical care.
- Hospital patient has the right to be aware of his/her treatment plan and its various stages while staying in hospital and when leaving.
- Patient hospital has the right to participate in decision – making concerning the care, health services and treatment , and consent or refuse of any intervention procedure and sign on the dedicated consent form.
- Patient hospital has the right to receive appropriate health care based on a decent respect for the patient ‘s personal and family in line with their culture, religion and personal values.
- Hospital will maintain the privacy and confidentiality of medical information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- In case of the patient involvement in any medical research, he/she must be informed with all the benefits, risks and alternative therapy if any, the patient has the right to refuse to participate in medical research project without affecting their rights in the continuation of treatment within the hospital.
- Patient hospital has the right to make a complaint regarding the service or care provided to him.
Patient and Family Responsibilities
- Patient is responsible for providing correct and complete information about his history and about any complications that could lead to lengthen the period of therapy.
- Patient is to follow doctor ‘s advice and guidance during the treatment period.
- Patient and his/her family are to follow the rules of the hospital and health regulations regarding commitment the proper attire, the public health infection control rules and others.
- The patient and his/her family are taking into account the other patients, other persons residing with them and health service providers rights.
- Patient and his/her family shall maintain the buildings and property of the hospital.
- Patient and his/her family shall maintain your personal belongings, it’s only the personal responsibility, if they have lost.
- The patient shall be companied regularly and cannot be left alone while he/she staying in hospital.