The goal of 57357’s volunteers department:
Encouraging the society to take an active role to support Hospital 57357 through volunteering where the volunteers department aligns its goals to Hospital 57357’s mission and vision, to contribute to the provision of the best quality physical and psychological care to children with cancer.
Volunteers department’s guiding principles:
- Believing in God and in man’s good and positive energy.
- The department depends on people who voluntary donate their time and abilities for free in favor of the community.
- Volunteers represent the society in general and their different backgrounds and culture reflect the diversity of the society.
- Respect for everyone, of all ages and backgrounds.
- Love for children.
How to join 57357’s volunteers?
- Age must be 18 or more.
- Call the volunteers department’s hot line (19057).
- Volunteering forms can be filled through the Hospital’s website www.57357.org or through the volunteers department at the Hospital’s premises and presenting a personal picture and an ID photocopy.
- Once the application is accepted the person is requested to come for an interview.
- In case of passing the interview you should attend a training on how to perform your voluntary activities in the Hospital.
- Committing to work for at least 3 hours weekly for 3 months (test period) and complete at least 36 hours of volunteering .
Through a group of activities that volunteers participate in, they support 57357’s children and contribute to perform many tasks in the Hospital
- Administration work: volunteers with computer skills work in entering volunteers data and business cards of the department’s visitors.
- Family support: an activity that is practiced with children and their families, without using toys, just talking.
- Art and handicrafts: the different workshops that volunteers set up such as knitting, crochet, paper work (decoupage) and foam recycling.
- Visits: an activity for volunteers with figurative language and communication skills to meat visitors and speak to them about the Hospital.
- Exhibitions and celebrations: volunteers work as organizers in exhibitions and parties.
- Holy Quran memorization: volunteers with permission of Quran memorization teach children Quran memorization.
- Realizing wishes (Omneya & Saeed): about trying to realize children’s wishes.
- Grandma Nouni: a volunteer acts as a grandma and tell stories to children.
- 57357’s children choir: a team of the Hospital’s recovered children receive training by volunteers who have singing talent.
- 57357’s volunteers’ choir: a group of talented volunteers sing in volunteers’ celebrations.
- Room decoration: an activity that is practiced for one day weekly, where a group of volunteers decorate patients’ rooms to enhance their psychological condition.
- Puppet theater: for volunteers with talent in moving hand puppets and voice mimic, to entertain children during receiving treatment or waiting in the outpatient clinics.
- Birthday celebration: volunteers celebrate children’s birthdays in the current month.
- Survivors’ workshops: a psychological support activity performed by the Hospital’s recovered patients to enhance other patients’ psychological condition.
- External workshops: An art workshop provided by donors who conduct various workshops such as painting, coloring, paper art and accessories, using their own tools.
- Parties: an activity provided by external donors to hold an entertainment party for children including plays or puppet shows.
- Trips: an activity provided by external donors to take patients and families on trips to clubs, amusement parks and others.